Friday, December 11, 2009

I breastfeed in Target all the time

Surely this was an isolated incident. Hell, the first time I ever nursed in public, it was in the Target in Wichita Falls, TX.
The only time I've really ever had any trouble with people gawking or anything was when we were in a Chinese restaurant in Clarksville, TN with Trendon's family.
The guy who was so appalled had bumped into me earlier and said something to the effect of "if we keep bumping into each other like this, I'll have to propose"
I was like, "uh...yeah. Ha."
He and his buddies actually turned around in their chairs to stare at Annalizard (who was 6 1/2 mos old) nursing. BTW, she was in the Mobywrap and covered with her ladybug blanket.
I don't know how Tren's fam felt about it. I didn't think to ask. I figured: April (his sister) has a young daughter whom she breastfed, Laura (his step mom) is a nurse, and John (his dad) doesn't generally care what people think. Of anything....ever. ha. So, surely it was a non-issue.

Sorry, I can't help it. I'm such a breastfeeding nazi. I never imagined I would be. But, here I am...ranting.



Mom Nearly Arrested for Breastfeeding | momlogic.com

1 comment:

  1. I can't get in Mom Logic, but you know how I feel...breasts are for babies, not beer commercials....and that is a problem w/ the world.

    ReplyDelete