Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crafting is the love child of being broke and bored.

Well, I'll start out with this little piece of magic.
























Annalise has a, pardon my language, assload of bows and "hair pretties."
I don't know how to keep up with them all. I've tried little cubbies, jars, boxes, they still end up scattered all hippity-bippity from room to room and when I want a specific one, I can't find it!
So, I tacked a piece of ribbon to the wall and have been clipping them onto it.
I love ghetto-chic as much as the next woman, but it was getting ragged. My solution?

First, I got a picture frame. This one is from a painting my grandmother gave me...um...7 years ago? I love the frame, love the picture, not together.





















(Hey, mom. Thanks again for getting me a sewing machine when I was 16.)
And please ignore the mess on my craft desk.

Second, I painted the frame an awesome combination of lime green and cerulean blue. I don't think the pictures really show it properly. It's a green and blue swirly mess with a bit of gold peaking through.


















Next, I affixed several different lengths of ribbon to the frame. I used hot glue. I tried using my staple gun since the frame is wooden, but that was just an all-around bad experience.
























Next, I glued down the loose ends of the ribbons and then put a coat of Mod-Podge hardcoat finish on it.
In the pictures, the Mod-Podge isn't entirely dry, hence the white spots. But I wanted to get some pictures and complete this post before I went to bed.
























The second picture of the frame is without the flash. I'll take a picture in daylight to try and get an accurate representation of the color.
And look at that sweet pink knitted bow.
AND a certain lady who is being induced into labor tomorrow (ahem, Kelley) don't go making one of these because you've got a different kind of bow holder coming your way. And if you hate it, that's cool. You know you can tell me. I respect your borderline OCD.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am loving it-- and as of right now I have LA's bow hanging on a bigger bow in their room-- it was about all I could come up w/ at the time, but you know I'm not pleased w/ it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, i thought that is what you were talking about making but i was totally fixing to send you a pic of the one I saw and was going to tell you that I needed to do this for you! I want one, but do not need one for thre bows..clearly i don't have that many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yeah its too freaking amazing...I love that painted that frame green its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a super cute idea, I love little accesory holders like that. YOU SO CRAFTY.


    (Sense? This comment made none. SORRY, seriously.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, the bow holder, the pink knitted bow, the whole blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete