Wednesday, March 17, 2010

EB fought the floor and the floor won.

Yesterday...something awful happened.
I was vacuuming (yuck...how domestic) and Annalise was dancing around and singing and then WHAM she tripped over the vacuum cord and face planted on our hardwood floor.
There was blood everywhere: my shirt, her hoodie, the rug, the couch.
I was terrified that she had severed something and needed stitches (the story of my mother jumping off the secretary desk and biting off her tongue was going through my head) so I grabbed a syringe (no needle, obviously) and irrigated her mouth with water. Thank the gods, there was no serious injury. She has blood blisters on her lips and she cut the inside of her top lip.
I gave her a bag of frozen peas to hold to her mouth in an effort to reduce the swelling.

She ate 7 frozen peas.

And I finally integrated a kitty into our household. I've been wanting another for a long time, but I have been wracked with guilt and anguish over Katana and Miso.
Our new kitty has been hanging around for a while, but she is now officially a part of the family.
She may not be traditionally beautiful, but she sure is sweet. Annalise tried to pick her up 3 times today and each time Brontë just went limp. Oh, and she's healthy. Our vet said so.

I have named her Brontë, after Charlotte and Emily Brontë, the authors.



































The weather was absolutely incredible today. It was in the high 60s and very sunny. Annalise and I went on our customary walk through the local neighborhood. She saw a wild bunny and just went crazy about it. At the playground, a woman had a Beagle puppy that was all about Annalise. I think Annalise prefers kitties. They generally don't jump up and lick your face and ears.
Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I didn't remember about the whole green thing until after a woman, whom I know only from our occasional meetings at playgroup, pinched me for not wearing green.

And I would like to let everyone know that Annalise has been a COMPLETE jerk for 60% of the day. She has fussed and whined and not napped and cried and hit me with a book and just been a mean person today. If she's not better tomorrow, I will be intervening with some real discipline.

3 comments:

  1. You so know me-- referring to your comment on my blog, when I saw the pics of EB I said out loud: "Bless her"....that is no fun, and your story reminds me of when Hudson busted his chin on the bathtub---and the cat looks like one I had as a kid named "Halloween"..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bronte is gorgeous and I'm glad she is making her way in the family. I'm sorry about Annalise's lip and mouth, but it doesn't look terribly bad and at least it will heal quickly. I hope that she is better today and that no real need for discipline comes. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OooOOOoooook, a blog chock full of drama and entertainment, first of, of course, poor EB. Second, seriously, does anyone really pinch non-green wearer anymore?

    Excited to meet Bronte (can't figure out the umlaut on iPod, sorry! It's there in spirit.) she has a looooooong nose.

    ReplyDelete