Friday, April 30, 2010

It's been a while...


I haven't had much time to post lately. Annalise has entered some sort of a daily marathon challenge. She wakes up and starts running, jumping, dancing, and climbing until she sits down for a meal. After she eats, it's back to the madness. This goes on all day broken up only by meals and naps.
Needless to say, I don't usually have the opportunity to sit down and type. Today, for some reason, I'm awake much earlier than Tren and Annalise. I've already got some laundry going (clean clothes for our trip tomorrow) and I've fed the cat. Whether I can keep the cat from meowing her heart out is a whole other situation.
I did manage to finish up some sewing while eb napped the other day. It's a 1960s-ish jumper with a halter. I think I might have to make her a coordinating bow. I have a bit of extra fabric.
























And fun pictures...                                        















































And these are pictures of Annalise in her after-bath cocoon. I wrapped her in a towel and she laid there for nearly 30 minutes, just looking around, listening to the music I had on. It was a rare quiet moment for her. (and no, she did not pee-pee while sans diaper.)











































And also, if you are craft-inclined, go to modpodgerocks.blogspot.com.
The woman who runs it, Amy Anderson, is actually my long-lost twin. We knit, we decoupage, we have messy craft tables. Clearly, we were separated at birth. Also, she sent me a little box of magical things (meaning mod-podge, paint, etc). So really, go there and be amazed.

5 comments:

  1. We call Hudson our burrito when he is wrapped like that after a bath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our term for an after bath cocoon, is 'burrito.' I've always picked him up, and run through the house shouting "I'VE GOT A BURRITO!"

    I'll see my little honey bunches of oats tomorrow.

    Brit, I've got a bone to pick with you. We'll wrestle it out; but watch my back, I'm getting older.

    cjw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh that smile is adorable. EB, you are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your trip! Be careful and take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, be careful on your trip..and EB is so cute, it amazes me more and more how she looks just like you!
    That jumper thing is pretty dang adorable, and what me and J have learned is that after shopping for her a dress, one piece romper/jumpers are coming back in style for our size? I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea, but I tried to get Jantzen to wear one for graduation hehe!!
    Can't wait to see magical pics of Annalise, Hudson and Lois together! (Take a 1000 or so)

    ReplyDelete