Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday

I had a doctor's appt this morning at 10. Normally, this would have been the perfect time. However, last night Annalise decided to wake up at 4am and stay up until 6am. She was exhausted when I woke her at 9:25.

Anyway, I went to the doctor because my back has been killing me. At first I thought it was just some extreme PMS. Turns out, I have a pinched nerve and a "helluva case of sciatica". (Oh, southerners).
I got two terrifying shots in my back. The needles were easily 3.5" long and the nurse was not very understanding of my terror. I had to explain to her that tattoo needles and hypodermic needles are NOTHING alike.
EB noticed my anxiety and started crying. So, I ended up hunched over the examination table with my pants lowered to reveal some amazing crack, holding a sniffling eb, while Nurse Crazy gave me a shot of steroids and then one of anti-inflammatory drugs in my lower back.
It did help some. I'm not a complete gimp anymore. I'm still really sore. Instead of a 7.5/10 for pain, I'd say I'm a 5/10. Bearable, but still sucky.
She also gave me a prescription for pain pills and a steroid pack. All I wanted was a shot to make the pain stop and a list of exercises to keep the pain from returning. Alas, that was apparently crazy-talk.

Annalise is doing great. My friend, Jenny, came by for a little while today and eb was happy to see her. Did all sorts of silly tricks.

That's pretty much all that's going on.

2 comments:

  1. no fun :( hope it gets better
    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to be in so much pain! I hope you can take it easy this weekend. I wish I was there to help. But, be careful what you wish for because it may come true. I love you!
    p.s. I was happy and surprised to see your blog

    ReplyDelete