Thursday, December 3, 2009

Annalise's favorite snack


First off, this Smucker's Simply Fruit is MAGICAL. It's sweetened with fruit juices..it's just..wonderful and not bad for Annalise to munch on. I've been making my own for some time, but this is so much easier!

*To make your own, you put 6oz of blueberries in a small saucepan and cover with water. Add juice of 1 lemon and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the berries are soft. Once done, strain through sieve (keep the liquid!) and put the gooey berries in the food processor. Blend until soft...add blueberry liquid as needed to thin it out. For little babies, you'll need to strain out the blueberry husk things. Annalise can handle whole berries, so I don't bother. ALSO the liquid is great to mix with baby cereal. It's tasty (I'm assuming) and it's a pretty periwinkle color.*

Anyway, for Annalise's fav snack...

graham cracker + cream cheese + dollop of Simply Fruit
Watch out, though...blueberries stain.















2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good...and makes me want to sing the Imagination MOvers "My favorite snack"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to make stuff like that for me when I am old and Tren can make sushi!

    ReplyDelete