Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bonjour, Tomas.

Yesterday, we went touring the city because it was reasonably warm and sunny. Annalise had a great time. She actually sat in her stroller while we walked through the city and then was VERY happy to be in the carrier while in the museums.
We went to the Smithsonian Castle, the Air and Space Museum, the Native American Museum (we ate at their amazing cafe), walked through the sculpture garden, and finished with the Museum of Natural History. The Hope Diamond is at the Museum of Natural History, and it was...big? I mean, I don't know. I have some moral issues concerning diamonds, so I wasn't very interested.























We took our Gnome, Tomas, with us for some (cliche) photo-ops. One thing everyone needs to know about Tomas--he's a Gnomosexual. His tastes are quite eclectic, so please do not judge him.



















































    So, here are pictures from all over. Most of them do not require narration.





















































We ate lunch at the Cafe in the Native American Museum...or maybe it's the American Indian Museum...I'll have to check--REGARDLESS, it was incredible. They have the place set up with different food sections: Northwest, Meso-Indian, Plains Indians, etc.
Trendon and I pretty much mixed and matched from different places. I ate the Campire Buffalo Burger (I've never eaten buffalo before, gotta say, it was pretty good), Tren had the Cedar plank Juniper salmon,  EB had some sweet potato concoction, we shared something called fry bread. It tasted like a cross between a sopapilla and a funnel cake. Delicious? Yes. Healthy? Not so much.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, this makes me want to visit ya'll and DC more than ever. Please take me and your adorable baby to museums and feed me fry bread. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO... I love Tomas the gnome AND that fact that he is a gnomosexual. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Tomas is pretty cool, and I believe you need to take him every where w/ you guys..and take pics. Where did your gnomosexual come from? He is awful cute! Those pics of Annalise, especially the one of her in the glasses, are amazing! She is way too cute! I want to come and run around w/ you guys too!

    ReplyDelete